Sunday, December 27, 2009

How was your Christmas?


I was talking to another friend today at church who has entered the 'grandparent rank" and sharing my motto with him of 'don't blink or your gonna miss it'.  That's how quickly time flies by, in fact, I don't intend to slumper and I pray that the Lord teaches me to number my days...This Christmas was special, especially when seen through the eyes of a child. You should have seen Cayden's eyes light up when he walked into the living room and saw his little basketball hoop just his size. My camera is not very quick so I missed the kodak moment but it will remain in my heart forever. Christmas Eve we went to service at church. We were blessed to have 2 of our 3 children there with us.  Christmas day comes and it is a whirlwind, again, don't blink or you'll miss it.  Spending Christmas morning with my in laws and enjoying this side of the family, we always have a good time with one another and my mother in law puts together the best brunch.  Then off to my parents to spend the rest of the day.  I love the time with my brother, he is very special to me. My mother is very generous and we almost have to rent a uhaul to get our presents home.  My step dad, who loves to cook, whipped up a turkey, a ham AND lamb chops, he is amazing for 86 years young.  Yes, Christmas was good, I dug deeper this year and was totally blessed by the Lord and what He did for me and what a great day He gave me.
I hope yours was blessed as well.  Love, Kare

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Christmas was great (minus-the-throw-up) and I will also NEVER forget the look on Cayden's face that morning. Oh, to have the faith of a child!