Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Truthful Tuesday

Ok. Elizabeth over at Confessions of a working mom is keeping with the Biggest Loser theme and wants to know, truthfully, when was a time you were a loser but ended up a winner?  When did you lose something but it turned out for your good?
target="_blank" title="Confessions from a Working Mom">

alt="Confessions from a Working Mom" />


I had to think on this one, hard, because I never lost a husband, never lost a job, and rarely even lose my car keys let alone my car...But here is somethings I have lost and have gained in the time being....
I lost my practically domestic daughter when I "allowed" her to marry a military man,
and he wisked her away to Ft. Irwin, CA but in the mean time, I gained a son in law,
and one terrific little sunshine Grand son...

I lost my children to a thing called, "growing up" and "turning into adults,"
but in the mean time I learned what it means to raise up a child in the way he
should go, I learned unselfishness, and the importance of perseverance.
I gained three of my best friends and the joy of watching them choose life.


I once lost my original engagement ring, but you should see the doozy I gained...


That's all I can think of for now....I don't plan on losing anything else this year.

2 comments:

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

What a sweet post! I never thought of the "losing to win" in terms of the watching a child grow up and get married path... but you are right, that really fits the bill. I will have to remember the "lose a daughter, gain a son-in-law" one day!!!

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom

Kelly said...

Well, that was deep. And thoughtful. Glad you see it like that now....

How about the one where your daughter lost your diamond?