Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Birthdays. What's a girl to do with em?

Happy Birthday to Me. I made it over the halfway mark of my forties. Which biologically you know what that means....yuk. But I do have to say my face has finally quit breaking out. wow.
I put a lot of expectation on the day, like I would like to wake up in Neverland, and go to bed in Maui type expectation. The kind of expectation that I don't have to eat anything but cake and drink nothing but iced coffee's and frappacino's. And do nothing for anybody all day long, basically, be the "Queen" for the day. But let's get back to reality shall we. I had a very nice birthday, surrounded by my family, minus one son, and guess what? I was a bad girl and ate junk and drank iced coffee all day. My daughters added all the love and details right down to my favorite kind of cake, German Chocolate and can't forget the ice cream. Flowers, the kind of coffee cups I've been eyeing, and the cutest shoes ever from Dillards Let's not forget how my husband always spoils me with a great gift which he is always sorry for later in the year, like two years ago when he got me my new violin and now has to put up with me, and this year, this great lap top who I've affectionately named Lil Bitty and now I can sit up in bed at night messing around on........great gift Chuckie. Add my mom and step dad and the day more than met my expectations, minus on son. So, Lord, thank you for letting me enjoy another year on earth with my family and continue working on me and preparing me for my birthdays in heaven.

No comments: