Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I Love my Job

I got a nice compliment at work today, Chuck W. said, " we like tehra, she's nice but she's not as accomplished as you. (Tehra is my boss and teaches the Friday Silver Sneaker class every other Friday to give me a break). So that made me feel pretty good, then I got to thinking, maybe I'm accomplished but not nice. Ha. I have a great silver sneaker class (seniors over 65) and take their exercise seriously because they know the benefit of it.
I have 3 guys in my class who are a hoot and add a lot of character to the class and I have to tell them to settle down sometimes and especially Jordan, who CANNOT stay in his place and not talk. It's like a magnet attracks him over to other people to talk. The class has gotten used to it, but sometimes I see a few people irritated but I can tell when they are and bring the class back under control. Today we worked legs and so I made sure they brought their legs with them to class before we started just to give you an example.
I am able to touch 50-60 peoples lives a day and I am quite blessed to do so. It is a major part of their lives for a lot of them to come to exercise and I try to make some kind of contact with them everyday (eye contact or verbal contact and some times "hug" contact because we all need human touch) I am very impressed with the couples that come together, most have been married 50 years or more and I wonder if Chuck would ever go to SS's with me? So, there's my job in a nut shell, more like a coconut shell. Have a good one............whatever you do, do unto the Lord.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Your class is definitely a hoot. I enjoy taking Cayden in there from time to time. You are good and what you do and it shows (physically). xoxo