Wednesday, November 26, 2008

This Thanksgiving

I have sat down several times today to write this blog and all that comes are tears and I can't figure out where they're coming from. Now, they're not all tears of sadness, some of them are tears of joy. When I saw Chuck and Cayden's picture this morning on Belle's blog it just made me cry. I am so thankful Chuck is able to be there with him and it was such a sweet picture because I know how much Chuck just loves that little guy and couldn't wait to see him. So Chuck, to you I am so happy you're there.
Then, I've had tear of joy today because I have such an awesome family. A husband who lives with me with understanding. He is a go getter and I love his little quirks which makes him..him.
He encourages me in the Lord and I look forward to living a long life with him.
A daughter Kate who is sensitive and understanding and who gets mad at me which is perfectly fine I can take that from her because she always loves me again after being mad.
A daughter Kelly who is strong and is content even though she's in a far away place and doing an awesome job of it. A son-in-law who I love to tease and he's growing on me.
A son, Drew, ..........
he's smart, has a knock out personality and very handsome to look at, he will settle down one of these days and then world, look out........
My little Grandson Cayden who is Mr. Busy. Learning, exploring and happy. The Lord has good things for him.
Now, I can't really believe I am sitting here alone on Thanksgiving Eve, it is odd. I think back of how Thanksgivings have changed. From when I was a little girl and went to my grandmothers in the country and the table was FULL, full of food and full of people. And going to my Aunt Margarets and Uncle Bob's for the day. Then I took over Thanksgiving and I became the one in charge of Thanksgiving. I'll try to make it special for other people. I truly hope that I can do that and that people will remember coming to my house. But my table will seem empty this year. But I'll cherish the loved ones who will be here and miss the ones who won't.

It is good to say thank you to the Lord, to sing praises to the God who is above all gods. Every morning tell him, “Thank you for your kindness,” and every evening rejoice in all his faithfulness. Sing his praises, accompanied by music from the harp and lute and lyre. You have done so much for me, O Lord. No wonder I am glad! I sing for joy. O Lord, what miracles you do! And how deep are your thoughts! Psalms 92:1-5 (TLB)

Amen. Enjoy your Thanksgiving and store it into your Storybook of life wherever life finds you.

No comments: