Thursday, September 30, 2010

This, the Last day of September

Isn't it funny how things sneak up on you? Your 47th birthday, an overdue bill, a couple of extra pounds, the birth of a baby, the end of summer?  I often make a list at the beginning of summer, of activities I need to accomplish in order to for it to be officially summer. My list always includes, camping, biking, hiking, bar b ques, motor cycle rides, home improvements, sunsets and long evenings.
I made no list this summer.  Yet my summer has been full. Full of blessings, full of playing. I have had a full summer.  But I am not checking a list this time around.

We are getting ready for the birth of our second grandbaby. I am happy, I am sad. I am happy to receive this new little guy into our family, I am sad that his daddy is away serving our country in Afghanistan and will miss the birth of his son. I will do my best to capture it on video for him but as much as I am excited to be there and help, I feel guilty that I get to be there and he does not.  We take life one moment at a time. Our next moment will be when our son in law gets to meet his baby for the first time. That will make my heart burst with joy.  And now, cheers, to This, the last day of September.

No comments: