THIS girl, on the left, turned 24 last week, THAT would be my daughter, Katie. Katie is like a sour gummy worm, mostly sweet but can be tart. THAT's how I describe her. I love her to bits, she acts like she's flailing around, but really, she is well grounded, and if you need some sound advice, she'll give it to you. THAT other girl on the right, THAT would be my other daughter, Kelly. She sent me a postcard today. Do you want to know what THAT postcard said??? You'll have to wait, I'll tell you later....
THIS week I got a phone call. I work with seniors, my job is to make sure THAT they're exercising in a safe and productive way. THIS senior on the phone was upset with me THAT I am picking on her.
Here's the scene, I am very picky about shoulders being hiked up and not relaxed, so we are taught to gently tap the shoulder, give them a little cue "shoulder down" and it usually works. THIS senior who has been in my class for 6 years, and should be very comfortable with me, and I with her, said I pushed her shoulder down and have been picking on her. So, after explaining my job, as well as her responsibility to work with me, the truth came out. See her 49 year old daughter has been diagnosed with breast cancer and is going through chemo therapy STUPID CANCER and there you have it, THAT is the underlying reason for the sensitivity and root of the problem. We cleared the air, but little things like THIS always gets me a little unnerved. What's happening in your world today? Any THIS or THAT you would like to share???? cheers, kare
Summertime Sweets
1 month ago
1 comment:
Hi, Karen! I came by to thank you for visiting my blog the a couple days ago... THAT was so nice to have you stop by! I spent some time roaming around here on your blog, too... love THIS post with your daughters' photo {they are beautiful young ladies!}... and how you and the senior worked out THAT problem {so sad about her daughter}. And I love THAT post you had for March 10... with the doggie in the planter. THAT was soooooo cute and had me totally trying to keep from laughing out loud... since hubby is in bed sleeping. LOL! THIS visit with you has been so fun THAT I think I will add you to my fave blog list! Later! ♥
Post a Comment