Thursday, February 4, 2010

Spumoni and Borrelli's

When Chuck and I went to San Diego for our weekend getaway, we had to make sure we included pasta in the menu of our 1/2 marathon runner, that would be Chuck, not me. So we happened upon this little Italian restaurant called Borrelli's.  Never had I have such a great waitress, nor the best pizza, nor THE BEST spumoni in my life, it was well worth the 10 lbs I put on that evening.  This waitress was so attentive it would knock your booties off.  When she brought Chuck his salad she made sure to bring me an extra plate and fork too in case Mr. C. wanted to share, which he did. When she brought my glass of wine, it was filled, to the brim. When do you ever see that? They always are only 1/2 full, or 1/2 empty.
When she brought my spumoni, well you can get a glimpse of it in the previous hog, I mean blog, it was gianormous, and of course the extra spoon in case I wanted to share, which I didn't.  It was a very enjoyable dinner, romantic to say the least, well I thought so. If you're ever in Encinitas, make sure you stop by.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

You should be getting paid to endorse this restaurant.