Thursday, October 15, 2009

My Fiddle doesn't sing, it dances.


 There is a joke that goes like this..If someone plays the fiddle in the middle of a forest and nobody is around to hear it, is it still out of tune?  On Wednesday I posted a picture of my Uncle Claude and his fiddle.  Actually, it is now my fiddle handed down to me from my Grandaddy Clay who was a fiddle champion.  This is my fiddle that is 100 years old.  I have been taking lessons for two years trying to find out if the fiddle-pickin' gene was handed down to me because all of my daddies side was very musical...so far, it is very if-fy.  But you know what, I am loving it, learning to play and if you come by I'd be happy to play you a jig or two, because my fiddle doesn't sing, it dances.....

3 comments:

Lee said...

Okay...my nasty mind just went way overboard!! Sorry!!

Kelly said...

You are so cute Mom. And LOL to Lee :)

Kt's Un-Predictable Dating Life said...

Awe mom your great. even at 9 am when Im trying to sleep ;) Love you!