On Friday we lay my dad to rest finally in his place in Loveland. It suits him just fine to be there and me too. I feel like he will be closer to me, although I know it's just his ashes. I have invited a lot of family and I hope they all make it and that the weather turns out good. I am nervous.
Nervous for all those feelings that I'll have to face and nervous that the day turns out good.
I called the stone/masonry today to talk about some engraving on the tombstone, that was weird to talk about and how it was up to me about what to say on it, it is VERY PERMANENT so I had to choose wisely. Next step, going up to the gravesite tomorrow and making sure it is ready for company, so to speak, and make sure the rose bush hasn't taken over. Like it has in my heart.
Summertime Sweets
1 month ago
No comments:
Post a Comment